Sunday, June 19, 2005

Right Round - 6/18, and the Setlist

So WOW - Right Round was friggin crazy last night! 260 peeps came out for the get-down, and a good time was most certainly had by all. It was cute to see people wearing the t-shirts, definitely. The dancing fools danced to EVERYTHING - I was more than surprised.

lil'e mystery #2 revealed: In spite of the fact that I pre-plan my setlists, if it's not working, I switch it up on the fly. Lots of intuition helps me to know what to play when I have to do that, but mostly it's just experience.

My "stalker" contingent was present but not super hover-y. I have 2 who like very much to stand right by the booth and stare at me. For hours at a time. I shit you not. I've actually told these people that they are making me uncomfortable and that they need to go away. Doesn't always work. So yeah - you wanna know how to creep me out? Stand right next to me and stare at me for 2 hours. I know that I dance around, and that there's not a whole lot else to look at - but GOOD LORDY!!!!! I have a couple of satellite stalkers who stand across the room and do the staring thing, which is still a little weird, but at least they can be blocked by the dancing fools...

Anyway, without further delay, here's the setlist. (and NO, I'm not going to name which remix, if it's remixed. Admit it, you don't really care that much...). Oh, and if I misspell something or get a title wrong or whatever, I'm sure you'll live without having to point it out to me, k????

:)

Duran Duran - Save a Prayer
Men Without Hats - Safety Dance
Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok
Erasure - Victim of Love
Falco - Der Kommisar
Morrissey - Every Day Is Like Sunday
Automaton - Obsession
Nitzer Ebb - Join In the Chant (remix)
Siouxsie - Fear (of the unknown)
New Order - True Faith
The Clash - don't know the song title, too lazy to figure it out
Human League - Don't You Want Me
Simple Minds - Love Song
Blancmange - Don't Tell Me
Tin Tin - Kiss Me (remix)
Erasure - Chains of Love (remix)
Book of Love - Boy (remix)
Echo and the Bunnymen - Bring on the Dancing Horses
Sinead O'Connor - Emperor's New Clothes
Nena - 99 Luft Balloons
Violent Femmes - Prove My Love
Depeche Mode - Behind the Wheel
Pet Shop Boys - Left to My Own Devices
Yaz - Don't Go
Duran Duran - Planet Earth
The Clash - London Calling
The Smiths - Panic
Siouxsie - The Passenger
Depeche Mode - People Are People (remix)
Dead Or Alive - Brand New Lover (remix)
U2 / Pet Shop Boys - Where the Streets Have No Name (mashup)
Peter Schilling - The Different Story
Anything Box - Living In Oblivion
OMD - Goddess of Love
Flesh for Lulu - I Go Crazy (remix)
Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
NO - Temptation
Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf
Blondie - Atomic
Gang of 4 - Tourist
Cult - She Sells Sanctuary
Smiths - There is a Light That Never Goes Out
OMD - Telegraph
The Cars - Shake it Up
The Cure - In Between Days
Flock of Seagulls - I Ran
Men Without Hats - Pop Goes the World
U2 - I Will Follow
The Clash - Spanish Bombs
The Cure - Just Like Heaven
Aha - Take On Me
New Order - Age of Consent
Kim Wilde - Kids In America
Peter Schilling - Major Tom
Go Gos - We Got the Beat
B52s - Own Private Idaho
Violent Femmes - Gone Daddy Gone
Oingo Boingo - Little Girls
Vapors - Turning Japanese
Billy Idol - Dancing with Myself
The Smiths - This Charming Man

Encore - Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart


WHEW! Aside from one dreadful mix, the rest of the night went without a hitch. I'll add some photos when they become available!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I'm making a compilation CD for the restaurant where I work, to wake us up in the early-early morn and get us dancin' before the customers arrive. May I use some of your setlist to inspire my compilation?

-Mandy