Saturday, July 16, 2005

why, why, WHY!!!???

So, here I sit... bleary-eyed...

Woke up at 6:00 this morning.

6:00.

this morning.

god damn it.

My brain decided to have a chat with me, which went a little something like this:

BRAIN: Um, e... you awake?

e: *sputter, cough* Huh, whu....

BRAIN: e... you 'wake, buddy? You sleepin' down there?

e: *one eye open* huh....???

BRAIN: Hey, I was just thinking... since you're awake and all... did you do all that paperwork you were telling me about last night?

e: trying to sleep... eyes not focusing...

BRAIN: Heh. Good one, e - no, but seriously. That whole paperwork thing. You know, cause I was just thinking about it, and I'm thinking that you really, really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY need to get up RIGHT NOW and take care of that.

e: *looks at clock* dude... 6am... shhhhhhh

BRAIN: Yeah, got it. Saw that. So yeah. Oh, and I'm thinking you might forget something this evening at Right Round, and fail miserably. I just figured I could tell you a little more about all of the things that might go wrong if you don't get up RIGHT NOW. Oh, and did I mention that you probably forgot to pay that Verizon bill that you told me about last week? Yeah, that and you might want to get a jump start on making signs for tonight. You'll need a merch sign, and a mailing list sign...

e: dude. got it. SHUT UP, wouldya?! *falling back to sleep*

BRAIN: HEY!

e: huh?

BRAIN: HEY, HEY, HEY, HEY, HEY - LISTEN TO ME, LISTEN TO ME, LISTEN TO ME. Did you remember to write down that one mix you came up with last night? That was a good one, boss. I'm dying to sing that mix right now for you - over, and over, and over. Ready? Boom, bap, boom boom bap - then you come in on the 3 AND - boom a boom bap, boom boom boom bap. Remember? Heh heh. That was fun. I'm gonna sing that for you 500 more times now. Ready? Boom, bap, boom boom bap - then you come in on the 3 AND - boom a boom bap, boom boom boom bap. Ready? Boom, bap, boom boom bap - then you come in on the 3 AND - boom a boom bap, boom boom boom bap. Ready? Boom, bap, boom boom bap - then you come in on the 3 AND - boom a boom bap, boom boom boom bap.

e: OKAY, for GOD's SAKE - I'm UP. JEEZ....

BRAIN: You might want to think about taking a nap sometime today, by the way.

No comments: