Tuesday, August 02, 2005

aah... people.

Have you ever wanted to smack the living crap out of someone? Even if it's just with the proverbial Eye-opening Stick? Me too - the other day, in fact!!!

I cannot post the whole story here. Sorry dudes. I may get hot under the collar on occasion (more often than not these days, it seems...), but I'm certainly not interested in slamming someone in a public forum. Suffice it to say, a person... we'll call him or her "Shim"... did me super wrong professionally a few months ago, then pretended not to know me when we were face to face very recently. Shim went so far as to ask, "do I know you?". It was precious, let me tell you, for the simple fact that this past issue was not a round-about, might-have-been-someone-else type situation. This was a one-on-one, face-to-face conflict and resolution that was rather ugly and utterly unforgettable (although only to me, apparently).

Look - most of the time, I try REEEEEEEEALLY hard to be the nice guy. Seriously. I do. Assholes and their minions piss me off somethin' fierce. That said, I also consider myself very direct and fair - the kind of person who walks right up to conflict, grabs it by the shoulders, and kisses it full on the mouth, Bugs Bunny style. My feeling is that it is far better to be upfront, honest, and professional in such matters. Once the conflict is over, I am over the conflict. I can move on, and play nice-nice all day long, provided the other person is able to play along as well.

BUT...

When something incredibly unpleasant happens between two people, as it did in this case, and the person at fault then pushes it out of their mind enough to where it totally disappears, that just tells me that there was no lesson learned on their end. That they will never see their mistake(s), will never own up to them in terms of their own continual behavior, and will continue treating people in the same manner that got them into the conflict in the first place. That makes me sad, and it pisses me off.

Thankfully I did have the presence of mind to remind Shim exactly who I am and in what context he/she knows me, wrapping it all up with a tidy, "remember me now?". It's amazing how fast a person will leave the building when you do that.

The Eye-opening stick has now been safely returned to its case.

2 comments:

AJ said...

I don't know who "Shim" is, but I too think I'd like to smack him. Uh, did I say him? got to run...

dj lil'e said...

hahaha. No, not him. good guess, though.