Thursday, March 30, 2006

wheat is stupid anyway

I'm allergic to wheat. Just found out last week.

bye bye beer
bye bye pasta
bye bye bread

Did I mention the beer part?

Now, I know that there are some things I can eat, just with different flours and stuff - I get it. But that takes work. duh.

Luckily I'm a vegetarian already (I do eat fish), so the leap isn't huge - but it does cut out a TON of options. Thankfully, I no longer have the debilitating pain that eating wheat brings to my system. I've been tested for everything under the sun, and in my wildest dreams, I never thought it would be something like this. But the results were immediate.

Oh, and to the doctor who told me that I should just take 1-2 Nexium a day (at almost $1.50 per pill after my insurance) and "learn to live with it", I have something for you to kiss. Bad doctor, bad doctor.

Down with the demon wheat.

No comments: