Monday, April 24, 2006

word of the day...

is comeuppance. definition: a deserved rebuke or penalty.

I've been thinking about this word a lot lately. About the whole concept that you reap what you sow. God, it's so very true. I know a few people who need to remember that.

It is amazing, when your comeuppance does indeed reveal itself, how intensely it can take its course. I'm watching one example of that with a person who I would consider to be one of the meaner people I've ever met, and this person's comeuppance is literally amazing, and extraordinarily well deserved. I can only hope that this person "starts with that man [or woman] in the mirror", to quote Michael Jackson, and figures out that what they see is a good place to start.

I'm just gonna leave it at that.

1 comment:

AJ said...

Oh, you are such a tease! Please, go on.

(mean people suck!)