Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Food of the beast

Had a good day of the devil yesterday, complete with ritual sacrifice. Good times.

Worked during the day (snore), then Andy and I went to dinner at Bardeo with our uber pallies Matt and Jenn. It was fun, fun, fun. I had grilled scallops and grilled shrimp, which were both muy tasty. Got to (finally) give them their wedding gift - an album with bunches of photos from their wedding last rOcktober. It was cool. They dug.

While at said dinner, I was "spotted" on the way to the bathroom, which is always a bit odd... the person was super nice, and not weird, it just sent me off kilter a bit, cause it happened out of the blue. This has happened to me a few times in all different places - public restrooms, clubs, on the street, in the grocery - usually it's one of those instances where I'm carrying around cellulite cream or something equally embarassing (or I just don't have any makeup on and look like hell...) and someone taps me on the shoulder, with that wide-eyed, expectant look that seems to go hand-in-hand with encounters of that nature. Usually peeps are super nice, don't get me wrong - I'm definitely the awkward spaz in these situations. I try not to let my social phobias leak through - for example, the uncontrollable urge to run screaming from the person because I feel like a gigantic idiot... Ah, well, that's the nature of my baggage... what can you do? I just nod, smile and try to be gracious - cause that is truly how I feel about it, at the end of the day.

No comments: