Wednesday, July 12, 2006

true story

Got into a cab the other night - there was already someone in there, which normally irritates the living shit out of me (but let's be honest, what DOESN'T irritate the living shit out of me...???), however in this case it was 2:30 in the morning, I was going a couple of blocks out of my way, and I was too tired to argue the fact.

Anyhoo, long story short, I thanked the person for sharing the cab, and they said, "I know who you are..."

I'm not kidding when say that I actually looked back over my shoulder to see who this person was talking to. Ummm... it was me. Yeah.

Apparently the person has been coming to Right Round for years. It was a nice conversation, even though my end of it consisted of a lot of uncomfortable throat clearing noises. According to one of my close friends, I should learn to take a compliment and be gracious and enthusiastic about it, but I can't help feeling shrink-wrapped during such exchanges for some reason. Eh, it's my own brain at work, no doubt.

No comments: