Saturday, July 29, 2006

whew.

I'm not sure why I'm up this early, but here we are...

Assesment of Right Round Mash-UP? Smashing, simply smashing. I had a blast, the kids had a blast, they cheered at all the right times, laughed at all the right times, danced their fool asses off - it was perfection. I got in quite a bit of trouble for going over by 15 minutes (which surprised me - the getting in trouble part, that is, since I almost always have quite a bit of latitude...). That's probably why I'm sitting here at 8:30 in the morning, unable to shut my head off. That's what makes me the obsessive freak that I am about doing everything perfectly, I guess! Ah, well - what can you do??

Anyhow, here's the setlist - it's a little weird, cause in some cases I don't have the details on the original component songs (I'll put them in where I have or can remember them) - but peeps who must know should be able to Google them or something, and figure out what's what. I'll put the ones I did in bold type, and "**"s by my favorites, so you'll know what to look for if you want to download any of this stuff for your own self!

DJ Earworm - Stairway to Bootleg Heaven (Dolly Parton vs. Eurythmics vs. Pat Benetar)
Party Ben - Independant Room (Fugazi vs. Destiny's Child)
DJ Circle A - Come to Mother (Fatboy Slim vs. Led Zeppelin vs. The Beatles)
** Unknown - Let it Be Me (The Beatles vs. Shaggy)
Unknown - An Acquired Tate
DJ Earworm - No One Takes Your Freedom (Scissor Sisters vs. The Beatles [again] vs. Aretha Franklin vs. George Michael)
Arty Fufkin - Been Caught Stealing Your Rump (Jane's Addiction vs. The Beastie Boys)
MTV MAshups - Smells Like Song 2 (Nirvana vs. Blur)
Bootie - Comfortable Holiday (Scissor Sisters vs. Madonna)
** Team 9 - don't know the song title at this moment...
Party Ben - Let's Talk To Me, Let's Dance (Hot Hot Heat vs. David Bowie)
Party Ben - Fascinated by Gold (Yeah Yeah Yeahs vs. Company B)
Dean Grey - Boulevard of Broken Songs [dance mix] (Green Day vs. Oasis)
Unknown - No More Pressure (Annie Lennox vs. David Bowie)
CHAOS Productions - MIA in Funkytown (MIA vs. Lipps Inc)
The Drunkard - Chewing Gum [bubble pop mix] (Annie vs. Bubblegum Machine)
DJ Earworm - Something Going on With My 7 Nation Army (White Stripes vs. someone I can't remember...)
Dean Grey - Dr. Who on Holiday (Green Day with Dr. Who Themesong)
Soft Cell - Tainted Love (where did our love go 12")
Unknown - Sanctuary's Over (The Cult vs. The Doors)
DJ Riko - Whistler's Delight (various)
** CHAOS Productions - Rapture Riders (Blondie vs. The Doors)
DJ lil'e - Big Time Groove (Bjork vs. Madonna)
DJ lil'e - Groove is in the Heart of Glass (Dee Lite vs. Blondie)
** Local Boy - Owner of a Lonely Heart vs. Thriller
DJ lil'e - Relax Your Jaws (Frankie Goes to Hollywood vs. John Williams)
DJ lil'e - Prince and Tom Jones Kiss (Prince vs. Tom Jones. duh)
Unknown - Go Toxic (Yaz vs. Brittney Spears)
DJ Krys - Can't Get Blue Monday Out of My Head (New Order vs. Kylie Minogue)
Party Ben - Somebody Rock Me (The Killers vs. The Clash)
DJ Nite - Jerk Girls Out (Caesars vs. Duran Duran)
** Thriftshop XL - Do You Wanna, Cause it's Tricky My Sherona (this one should be obvious...)
DJ Earworm - We Need A Filthy War (Fisherspooner vs. Scissor Sisters)
** A + D - An Honest MIA (MIA vs. the Bravery)
DJ lil'e - Our House of Jealous Lovers (Madness vs. The Rapture)
Bass 211 - Don't You Want the Time (Human League vs. Benny Benassi)
** Bass 211 - Techno Attack (Daft Punk vs. The Faint)
** DJ Earworm - Don't Mess with Orgasmatron (Eurythmics vs. Avenue D vs. Mousse T vs. Anthony Rother)
DJ lil'e - You Spin Me Behind the Wheel (Dead or Alive vs. Depeche Mode)
DJ Brat - Dreaming In Your Sleep [brat mix] - (Depeche Mode vs. The Romantics)
DJ lil'e - I'm Too Sexy to Set it Off (Peaches vs. Right Said Fred)
** CHAOS Productions - My Other Car Is a Beatle (L'Trimm vs. Armand Van Helden vs. Gary Numan vs. The Beatles) - I mixed this one with 1/2 of the original Gary Numan track, just cause I love the transition so much
DJ lil'e - She Blinded Me With Weird Science (Oingo Boingo vs. Thomas Dolby)
** Party Ben - Hung Up On Soul (Death Cab for Cutie vs. Madonna)
DJ lil'e - Tubular Boys (Book of Love vs. Blur)
DJ lil'e - A Little R-E-S-P-E-C-T (Erasure vs. Aretha)
** Party Ben - Cats Disappear (The Faint vs. The Cure)
** A+D - Love Will Tear You Apart (She Wants Revenge vs. Joy Division vs. Bauhaus)
DJ Defekt - Just A Forrest (Fisherspooner vs. The Cure)
CHAOS Productions - Sri Lanka High (MIA vs. The Ramones)
** CHAOS Productions - Are You Gonna Be My Animal (Jet vs. The Muppets)
DJ lil'e - Come on, Take Me Out Eileen (Franz Ferdinand vs. Dexy's Midnight Runners)
** DJ Earworm - Policy of Sweet Dreams (Depeche Mode vs. Eurythmics)
Divide & Kreate - Sweet Jacqueline (Eurythmics vs. Franz Ferdinand)
DJ lil'e - Domo Arigato, Mr. Brightside (Styx vs. The Killers)
DJ lil'e - London Call Me In A Panic (The Clash vs. Blondie vs. The Smiths)

ENCORE (this is what I got in trouble for, so i hope you all danced your asses off...)
James - Laid
New Order - Temptation
Violent Femmes - Prove My Love

WHEW - that's everything. I'll have my original mp3s posted somewhere - I'll put a link in here somewhere for those who care!

No comments: