Sunday, September 17, 2006

Right Round 9/16/06 - setlist and commentary

GREAT night last night. Super energy, 300 peeps in the house, plus no mean/demanding/icky people (although there was one who was a teensy bit creepy, but he went away quickly enough) - overall, this lil'e is happy.

OH, and this absolutely sweet couple came up to introduce themselves, and said that not only was it their anniversary, but that they'd met AT Right Round!!!! AWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! I. LOVE. THAT. Hey dudes, if you two are reading this, get married and I'll dj your wedding, k?

On an interesting (to me, anyway...) side note, this is the 2nd month in a row that I haven't planned out the setlist during the week before. It's actually working out much better than I thought it would, and isn't nearly as stressful - I guess 5 years of doing Right Round in such a structured manner taught me a thing or 2, eh?

Anyhow, here's last night's setlist. I'll put an "**" by any requests.

Taco - Puttin' on the Ritz
Captain Sensible - Wot
Alphaville - Big in Japan
Wang Chung - Dance Hall Days
Tears for Fears - Shout
Book of Love - I Touch Roses (long-stemmed RMX)
Men At Work - Down Under
Siouxsie - Peek A Boo
U2 - Sunday, Bloody Sunday
Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok
Duran Duran - Notorious
Pet Shop Boys - Domino Dancing
Gang of 4 - Love a Man in Uniform
INXS - Need U Tonight
Howard Jones - Things Can Only Get Better
Da Smiths - Girlfriend in a Coma
M - Pop Musik
Erasure - A Little Respect
Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come on Eileen
** Icicleworks - Birds Fly
Violent Femmes - Blister in the Sun
** Men w/o Hats - Safety Dance
Yaz - Situation
Dead or Alive - Brand New Lover
Depeche Mode - Strangelove
New Order - True Faith
** James - Laid
Oingo Boingo / Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me with Weird Science (dj lil'e mashup)
Erasure - Star
Kon Kan - I Beg Your Pardon
Anything Box - Living in Oblivion
OMD - If You Leave
Talk Talk - It's My Life
** Godfathers - Birth, School, Work, Death
** Automaton - Obsession
** Madness - Our House (Remix)
Pixies - Here Comes Your Man
** Pet Shop Boys - Always on My Mind
** New Order - Temptation
The Proclaimers - I Would Walk (500 Miles) - SIDE NOTE: I just found out yesterday that this song was written in 1988 - I thought it was written in the early 90's. Can I just tell you how friggin happy this made me??? The kids went absolutely NUTS when I played it. Yay!
** Big Country - Big Country
Aha - The Sun Always Shines on TV (Remix)
Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough
Bananarama - Venus
** They Might Be Giants - Ana Ng
The Clash / Blondie / The Smiths - London Call Me in a Panic (dj lil'e mashup)
Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf
** Pet Shop Boys - It's a Sin
Real Life - Send Me An Angel
Echo and the Bunnymen - The Cutter
** The Killers vs. Styx - Domo Arigato, Mr. Brightside (dj lil'e mashup)
** OMD - Enola Gay
** Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
Peter Schilling - Major Tom
The Cure - Just Like Heaven

ENCORE:
The Smiths - Ask
Dee Lite - Groove is in the Heart INTO New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle

No comments: