Saturday, December 16, 2006

Right Round - 12/15/06 - Commentary

Okay, so I guess I should say off the bat that I thought last night was terrible. Kids who were there might beg to differ, but from my perspective, it was absolute crap.

First of all, it was 5,000 degrees in the backstage - not a lot I can do about that, and they did really try to get the temperature under control, so most times I have to just throw my hands in the air like I just don't care (werd up). Just made me feel that I need to get a couple of additional fans to get the air moving. Whatever... sometimes it's just hot. But I know how it is, too - when the upstairs has music that you love just as much, it's totally not worth it to stay down in that little sweat box.

Next, I was up against Steve EP's Duran Duran vs. New Order night. I'm so not surprised that this had the effect it did (which is to say abysmally low attendance), but I was disappointed. My room ebbed and flowed, but when it was empty it was PAINFULLY empty. This was a first for me, and it brought my mood down unbelievably. The peeps who were there seemed to have a great time, but I swear I was just so bummed.

Finally, I was just off my game. Fridays are difficult for me, as I was working all day, running late all day, etc. I just couldn't get my shit together, and I felt it showed. I'm not gonna post my setlist this month, cause frankly I just don't feel like it. So there.

The bright side to all of this (thank god...) is that the BC and I discussed the possibility of moving Right Round upstairs in February!!! I truly hope we do that - the dancing fools would be so very happy.

Anyway, time to wash last night out of my hair and move on. In 3 days I leave for the Carribbean to spend a week with my fella and our friends under the ocean, thank god. I think that just might help me to get over it... :)

No comments: