Sunday, January 21, 2007

Right Round - 1/20/07 - Setlist and Commentary

Okay, so I should preface this by saying that January is not my month health-wise. Yesterday afternoon, my knee decided it had enough of me and blew out in the Wholefoods parking lot. To the man who jumped out of his car, picked me up and helped me to my car as I screamed in pain, thank you - you are a saint, and most certainly the reason that I have faith there are still good people in this world.

I'm fine, by the way. Hobbling a bit, but fine. However, such things can put a definite damper on a dj night.

Didn't seem to make a difference at Right Round, though.

Final count - 430.

Yes, you read it right.

4
3
0
.

Holy crappagoly.

I am awed, amazed, impressed and honored, all at once. I felt extremely on, the crowd was awesome - it was perfect, start to finish.

Here's the setlist - enjoy!!! (oh, and I stuck * by all requests)

Yaz - State Farm (remix) - mixed with - Dream Academy - Life in a Northern Town
Squeeze - Take Me I'm Yours
Camoflauge - the Great Commandment (remix)
Duran Duran - Is there Something I Should Know
Falco - Der Kommissar
English Beat - Save it for Later
OMD - We Love You
Tin Tin - Kiss Me
Paul Lekakis - Boom Boom
New Order - Fine Time
Erasure - Chains of Love (remix)
Echo And the Bunnymen - Killing Moon
Madness - Our House
Automation - Obsession
* Depeche Mode - Strangelove
Clash - can't remember the song title... duh
New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle
Baltimora - Tarzan Boy
Men @ Work - Land Down Under
* Smiths - Girlfriend in a Coma
* Duran Duran - Girls on Film
The Cars - Hello Again
* The Cure - Let's Go to Bed
Proclaimers - 500 Miles
Pet Shop Boys - Always on My Mind
* Bananarama - Venus
* Aha - The Sun Always Shines on TV
Yaz - Don't Go
Siouxsie - Cities in Dust
New Order - Temptation
They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse In Your Soul
* Billy Idol - Dancing with Myself
Adam Ant - Goody Two Shoes
Violent Femmes - Prove My Love
* Erasure - A Little Respect
* DJ Lil'e Mashup - Franz Ferdinand vs. Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come on, Take Me Out, Eileen
* Human League - Don't You Want Me
Midnight Oil - Beds Are Burning
Real Life - Send Me an Angel
* Depeche Mode - You're Behind the Wheel (Route 66 remix)
Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Right Round
* Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf
Pet Shop Boys - Left to my own Devices
The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary
* The Fixx - One Thing Leads to Another
Blondie - Atomic
OMD - Enola Gay
Men w/o Hats - Pop Goes the World
* Psychadellic Furs - Pretty In Pink
The Go Gos - We Got the Beat
* The Cure - Just Like Heaven
* Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
* Devo - Whip It
Blondie - Dreaming
Violent Femmes - Gone Daddy Gone
* The Smiths - Ask
Peter Schilling - Major Tom
* Pretenders - Middle of the Road
* Kim Wilde - Kids in America
Plastic Bertrand - Ca Plane Pour Moi
Blondie - One Way or Another (I was on a Blondie kick last night, what can I say...?)
* The Cure - Boys Don't Cry
* Violent Femmes - Add it Up
Le Tigre - Deceptacon

ENCORE:
DJ Lil'e Mashup - Styx vs The Killers - Domo Arigato, Mr. Brightside
The Smiths - Panic

WHEW!

1 comment:

Майлз Г. Смит said...

I've been to 80s nights in Maine, Boston, New Hampshire, New York, DC, London, Moscow, etc, but that was hands-down the best pure musical experience and skilled DJship I've ever heard. Well done. Thanks also for reminding me of some nuggets I'd long forgotten. I'll be pillaging your setlists henceforth.

Myles
[with the hat]