Thursday, January 25, 2007

yeowch!

So, it turns out that I dislocated my kneecap on Saturday afternoon. 2 other peeps I know have done it, and said that I'm lucky I didn't tear my ACL, which would end my career as a Solid Gold Dancer for sure. (I call that I get to be the girl with the super long hair! Guess you had to be a little girl in the '70s to appreciate that one...) Anyway...

I get to do 4 weeks of physical therapy to try and sort it out, plus I have to wear special inserts to keep my lower leg (and thus my knee) stable from here on out. For now my nickname is Granny, as I am hobbling around all slow-like. Typically it takes me 15-20 minutes to get from my house to my day job; right now it takes 45. niiiice, huh?

At least it really hurts!

But seriously, I'm just glad this isn't in the midst of peak special events season, where I'm djing 2+ times every weekend. Thank goodness my assistant is ready and willing to carry all the heavy stuff, seriously. My trunk of gold lame pants suits and headbands will not be left behind, by god!


3 comments:

John said...

I hurt my back last week by doing nothing at all. Old age rocks.

dj lil'e said...

seriously - it's ridiculous.

John said...

Now my back is better and it still hurts - now hurting is normal. The bar has been lowered as I approach 42. Intelligent design, my ass.