Thursday, February 08, 2007

Maybe this is only funny to me...

I should prefice this post by saying: I do not want children. I think they're great, and I'm sure they're fulfilling and all of that; I'm personally just not interested.

That said, Andy and I have often joked that we'd like to have kids just to name them bizzarely and give them away. Some of our favorite names include:

1) CK Dexter Haven (after the character in The Philadelphia Story). This one is actually not so much a joke, believe it or not. We really think this would be the coolest name ever - although no doubt the kid would hate us forever and change it to Bill or something...

2) Darth Vadar (um, self explanitory - sha!)

3) Iggy (again.. if you have to ask)

4) Guy (pronounced in the french way - Gi, after our favorite DC scenester)

or,

3/4) a combination - Iggy Guy or Iggyguy (this put us in stitches for a couple of hours the other night - thus, the title of my post)

and the favorite:

5) Trouble Evil (cause then people could really say - his first name is "Trouble" or that guy's middle name is "Evil")

So yeah... I'm going to keep my hysterics to myself now...
:)

2 comments:

John said...

Hugo was originally going to be C.K. Dexter Haven, oddly, but we changed his name from a "Philadelphia Story" / "High Society" reference to a "Teacher's Pet" one. And the rest is history, though he's never seen a Doris Day movie in his life and don't think he'd care to!

freebobafett said...

My cats are CK Dexter Haven and Iggy (was gonna be Alice, but whole boy named Sue complex and all...he has the eyes of running mascara). Anyway, thought it was funny...