Sunday, February 18, 2007

Right Round UP! 2/17/07 - Setlist and Commentary

Wow. Just WOW. AMAZING night last night.

I'm fairly certain at last count there were somewhere between 450 and 500 in attendance, which was incredible for me. I'm hoping that my appeal to the nightclub gods will result in getting me upstairs more often, but we'll just have to see. It's starting to feel like I'm trying to squeeze into a pair of pants I could wear 1o years ago, being on the backstage...

There was a surprising lack of crazy people last night considering the numbers, and although peeps made some requests here and there, nobody was too out of control with it, so that was refreshing. The stalker factor was minimal, and my knee kept its opinions to itself while I was jumping around like I was trapped in a bean - granted, it is not particularly happy with me this morning (can we say bag o' nails in my leg, boys and girls???), but it was absolutely, totally and utterly worth it. I had fun, felt like I had unending energy - the kids going crazy totally fed into that, as always.

Anyway, here's the setlist. I got ridiculously slack at the end, so some of the stuff might be a little incomplete... I'll do my best to remember, though, I promise. I'll also put a ** by any requests (don't think there are many, but we'll see...) OH, and any mashups I created are noted as such, and can be found here for download.

Kajagoogoo - Too Shy
Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence
Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait
Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok
Simple Minds - Promise You a Miracle
Suede - Metal Mickey
M - Pop Musik
Beirut - Postcards from Italy
The Cars - Magic
The Cure - Sorry, Wrong Number
Oingo Boingo vs. Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Weird Science (dj lil'e mashup)
Tears for Fears - Mother's Talk
New Order - Answer Me
Talking Heads - And She Was
The Las - There She Goes
** Erasure - Chains of Love
The Pixies - Here Comes Your Man
Royskopp - Remind Me
Morrissey - Interesting Drug
** New Order - True Faith
** The Clash - Stand by Me
Talk Talk - It's My Life
Sugarcubes - Birthday (dance remix)
Siouxsie - Fear (of the Unknown)
Scissor Sisters - Comfortably Numb
Madness vs. The Rapture - Our House of Jealous Lovers (dj lil'e mashup)
Dee Lite - Groove is in the Heart
New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle
Kon Kan - I Beg Your Pardon
Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough
Blur - Girls & Boys
Lightning Seeds - Life of Riley (I LOVE THIS SONG. There, I said it...)
Pet Shop Boys - Always on My Mind
Human League - Don't You Want Me Baby?
Nitzer Ebb - Lightning Man
Franz Ferdinand - Do You Want To
Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf
They Might Be Giants - Ana Ng
The Proclaimers - (I would walk) 500 Miles
Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You
Echo and the Bunnymen - Lips Like Sugar
The Cars - Hello Again
The Cure - Let's Go To Bed
MIA - Bucky Done Gu
The Rapture - Woo! Alright Yeah
The Clash - London Calling
Erasure - A Little Respect
Franz Ferdinand vs. Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come on, Take Me Out Eileen (dj lil'e mashup)
** The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary
Lily Allen - LDN
They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse in Your Soul
New Order - Temptation
Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Right Round
Pulp - Common People
Styx vs. The Killers - Domo Arigato, Mr. Brightside (dj lil'e mashup)
Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You
The Go Gos - We Got the Beat
U2 - I Will Follow
DEVO - Whip it
A-Ha - Take On Me
The Cure - Just Like Heaven
James - Laid
Naked Eyes - Always Something There to Remind Me
Hot Hot Heat - Bandages
Kim Wilde - Kids In America
Modern English - Melt With You (remix)
Bangles - Walk Like An Egyptian
The Jam - Town Called Malice
The Jets - Are You Gonna Be My Girl?

ENCORES:
Le Tigre - Deceptacon
The Smiths - Panic
Violent Femmes - Add it Up
The Smiths (cause you can never have too many friggin smiths songs in one night, I say...) - Ask

3 comments:

Justine said...

amazing dance night! after recently experiencing quite a few disappointing dj dance nights in the district this was awesome! my friends and I were very impressed!

Victor said...

pretty sure you're missing pulp's 'common people'

my friends and i all had a good time, especially loved when you snuck in your mashup towards the end =)

jen said...

you are too hot for the backstage. or the backstage is too hot for me. what i mean is, right round needs to be permanently UP.