Thursday, April 12, 2007

mixmaster e, at your service

I was recently approached by a band called 23 Rainy Days who ACTUALLY want me to remix one of their songs. From scratch. The song is called My Own Addiction - it's a catchy, bitter little post punk metal-y romp through one-who-done-one-wrongness, which as a former/still dabbling goth girl, I'm all about.

This is a big part of my master plan for world domination - not this remix of this specific song, just actually doing remixes for bands in general. I feel like it's the next logical step for me, particularly in light of the pure bliss I experienced creating mashups last summer. The buck certainly didn't stop there - but it starts again with renewed vigor right now, by God.

So, at this point I have the separated tracks, am sketching out what I'd like to do with them, and am going to begin the assemblage very very soon. I will post much of my process here, and shall reign doom down with my new remixy goodness once it's available for your earholes.

If you're in a band and want me to fiddle with one of your creations, I shall at least entertain the idea (provided your song does not suck/and/or make me run screaming into the night). I'll just need the studio-recorded, original tracks, all separated out - I will not work with your CD, except to sketch ideas about what I'm thinking. So c'mon and be one of my henchman in the master plan - moahahahahaha.....

No comments: