Monday, November 19, 2007

Lordy on a stick

Friday is my bajillionth high school reunion. Okay, maybe one onemillionth of a bajillion, but the 10 year already came and went many years ago, if you know what I'm saying...

Dudes, seriously - I am starting to feel a teensy bit old. I also seriously can't believe that I'm actually going, but for the love of God, I grew up in Rockville, so it's not like I have to get on a plane. PLUS, I didn't go to the last one, so I'm just so friggin' CURIOUS!!!!

I mean, who wouldn't want to know what it's like to see these people again - for one thing, they won't have mullets anymore (unless they're those God-awful ironic ones, but those aren't really the type of peeps I went to school with), so that's a plus. Also, I keep wondering if those people who always made fun of me for being the only kid in school with purple hair and a nose ring are the same, or nicer, or WHAT... But, at least at this point, I'm mentally equipped to deal with it. Additionally, the good news is, being a goth girl has it's benefits later in life - all you youngins take note: if you stay completely out of the sun in your formative years (and moisturize, moisturize, moisturize when you start to get a bit older), you will not have wrinkles and people will think you're 24 when you're actually old as hell. YAY!!!

ugh. at least it's at a restaurant / bar where I know the owners. I'm sure I'll have some fun and exciting details to come - or at least I won't remember 'cause of all the drinking...

Either way, wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

John said...

Some might call you a glutton for punishment, but I tend to just think of you as a braver soul than I . . . is the husband attending? As much as we shiver at the thought of such an event, I would probably have fun if it involved booze and Jana . . . of course we'd walk away with no one liking us, but it's nice work if you can get it . . .