Monday, May 12, 2008

Speaking of The Cure



I got to see them for the 5th time in my 22+ years as a fan on Friday - for a 49 year old, Robert Smith sounded friggin' AWESOME - they played for 3 hours, and did 3 amazing encores. All the stuff from the forthcoming album (especially the song freak show) sounded absolutely great.

OH, and right before the show, as we were walking up to the Patriot Center, I saw the tour bus, and what looked like a big mop of black hair emerging from the side of it. It was THE MAN himself, talking on his cell phone - and nobody noticed but me!!! After screetching for my friends to GET OVER HERE NOW, I then screetched "hi Robert Smith on his cell phone!!!!" and waved frantically - to which I got a little wave and a grin back.

I can die now.

Anyway, here's the setlist from the show - and here's my favorite of the cell phone pics (feel free to be sosososo jealous whilst you see how close I was - thank you SOOOOOOO much Ed Stack!!!!)




plainsong
prayers for rain
a strange day
alt.end
the walk
the end of the world
lovesong
to wish impossible things
pictures of you
lullaby
the perfect boy
from the edge of the deep green sea
hot hot hot
the only one
push
friday i'm in love
inbetween days
just like heaven
primary
shake dog shake
never enough
wrong number
one hundred years
disintegration

Encore:

at night
m
play for today
a forest


Encore 2:

the lovecats
let's go to bed
freak show
close to me
why can't i be you?


Encore 3:

boys don't cry
jumping someone else's train
grinding halt
10:15 saturday night
killing an arab

No comments: