Friday, August 22, 2008

The Inn At Little Washington Picnic - 8/19/08 - Setlist and Commentary

In keeping with my promise to post ALL setlists here on my blog, I shall now give you something COMPLETELY different - a setlist for the company picnic I did on Tuesday night for the employees of The Inn At Little Washington. You may be asking yourself, "self, why did lil'e DJ such a party?"

Well, I'll tell you...

Actually, my darling husband used to work there, many many moons ago, both as a server and the assistant sommelier. Since then, we've stayed close with a good number of folks there (and, considering where A is now, we run into these peeps in all the foodie circles you can imagine), and as such, when and if they need a DJ, they know they can give me a jingle and I'll be there! The party was held out at the Marriott Ranch, not far from where Andy and I used to live when we were out there - I'd forgotten how absolutely beautiful it is!!! Granted, this crazy, completely unrelated thing happened that same night, but that's a totally different story, best left to the press...

Anyway, they wanted chill, cross-genre music, which I was happy to provide - so before you go getting all crazy about me playing Tim McGraw and whatnot, remember where I was, k?

And now, the setlist:

Tim McGraw/Faith Hill - It's Your Love
Bill Monroe - What Would You Give
Johnny Cash / June Carter - Jackson
Garth Brooks - Friends in Low Places
Hank Williams Sr. - Tennessee Waltz
Patsy Cline - Crazy
James Taylor - How Sweet It Is
Bob Marley - Guava Jelly
Carbon Leaf - Life Less Ordinary
Bob Dylan - Baby, Let Me Follow You Down
Feist - 1234
Art Lyman - Pearly Shells
Nouvelle Vague - Marian
The Grateful Dead - Brown Eyed Girl
Van Morrison - Tupelo Honey
Ingrid Michaelson - The Way I Am
The Jam - That's Entertainment
Nina Simone - My Baby Just Cares for Me
The Stranglers - Golden Brown
Corrine Bailey Rae - Like A Star
Bill Withers - Lovely Day
Nouvelle Vague - Guns of Brixton
Joe Cocker - Feelin' Alright
LTJ Bukem - Tayla: Stargazing
Kevin Yost - Round About Midnight
Mark Moulin - What
Dusty Springfield - Son of A Preacherman
Thunderball - On the Sly
Bonobo - Ketto
Natasha Bettingfield - These Words
Lucinda Williams - Car Wheels on a Gravel Road
B. Erotica - Colorblind
Jackson 5 - Want U Back (Z Trip remix)
CCR - Down on the Corner
Rolling Stones - Miss You

Then I took a break for Safari Bingo the clown (seriously - I can't make this stuff up), who did a whole cute mini rodeo thing with a hedgehog, hampsters and a rabbit. The kids loved it - and I have to admit, it was pretty entertaining.

Anyway, back to the set...
Damian Marley - Move
Lady Soverign - Love Me or Hate Me
Up, Bustle and Out - Carbine 744, 520…
Madonna - Lucky Star
Hot Chip - Over and Over
Steeler's Wheel - Stuck In the Middle With You
Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime
Dinah Washington - Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby? (remix)
Royskopp - Remind Me
Mashup - The Night of Miss Kitten's Messy Dream
Some salsa song I'm still not sure about
Nightmares on Wax - 70s 80s
Toto - Rosanna
Blackalicious - Alphabet Aerobics

No comments: