Saturday, August 02, 2008

Right Round - 7/19/08 - Setlist and Commentary

Alrighty - so I've been thinking that I need to keep track of more than just Right Round setlists - just so you'll know what else is out there. Cause, you know, you wouldn't if I didn't... tell you... erm... never mind. Anyway, I'm going to try and be a better DJ abut that, k? Okay. Thank you.

[bow]

All of that said, in July I played some of the other stuff that was left over from the prom. Peeps seemed open to the smattering of mainstream stuff in there - not sure if I'll make that a habit or not. What do you all think???

Here's the setlist from the last Right Round, with "**" by all the requests:

Gang of Four - I Love a Man In Uniform
Alphaville - Jet Set
** Bananarama - Cruel Summer (remix)
Sugarcubes - Hit
Belouis Some - Some People
Ministry - Halloween
Human League - Love Action
Depeche Mode - Never Let Me Down Again
Duran Duran - Notorious
Animotion - Obsession
Shannon - Let the Music Play
Pet Shop Boys - So Hard
Limahl - Never Ending Story
** Stone Roses - Fool's Gold
** Talking Heads - Once In A Lifetime
Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax
Stereo MCs - Step It Up
** Erasure - A Little Respect
Michael Jackson - Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
Book of Love vs. Blur - Tubular Boys
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Cities in Dust
Madonna - Get Into the Groove
Split Enz - I Got You
** Kon Kan - I Beg Your Pardon
** Madness vs. the Rapture - Our House of Jealous Lovers
** Pet Shop Boys - Always on my Mind
New Order - Sub Culture
Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
Cory Hart - Sunglasses at Night
Clash - London Calling
Smiths - Panic
** Franz Ferdinand vs. Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come on, Take Me Out, Eileen
Aha - the Sun Always Shines on TV
Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough
Prince - When Doves Cry
Cars - Hello Again
Violent Femmes - Gone Daddy Gone
Smiths - Ask
Michael Sembello - Maniac
Kim Wilde - Kids In America
INXS - Don't Change
Cure - Just Light Heaven
Killing Joke - Eighties
** Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
U2 - I Will Follow
Loverboy - Working for the Weekend
Baltimora - Tarzan Boy
** Human League - Don't U Want Me?
Clash - Train In Vain
Real Life - Send Me An Angel
Laura Branigan - Gloria
New Order - Blue Monday
Blondie - Atomic
** Dead or Alive - You Spin Me
Pet Shop Boys - Wouldn't Normally Do This Kind of Thing
James - Laid
Cure - Boys Don't Cry

Le Tigre - Deceptacon
Yaz - Situation

1 comment:

Heids said...

Ooh, very nice. Wish I could've made it.

I like the idea of a bit o' mainstream stuff. There were some chart hits that weren't bad, or are at least pure cheesy enjoyment (Gloria springs instantly to mind). The key is to pick the right tracks, and I like all the ones you picked.

For whatever *that's* worth!