Saturday, December 06, 2008

Right Round - 11/21/08 AND Tinderbox - 12/4/08 - Setlist and Commentary

WORD UP!

I know, I know, I've been utterly horrific in my duties lately. Can I just say, for the record, that November has been INSANE? Between wrapping up fixing my broke-assed house (STILL not done - can I just tell you how much I hate doing grout and caulk work??? Apparently it's super easy to fuck it up repeatedly and get so frustrated that you have a nervous breakdown at 6pm on a Thursday - look into it!) and getting geared up for the holiday party rush AND training for the Jingle All the Way 10k in December, I've found myself with little to no downtime to post this stuff. I peeped at my blog this morning, let out a few expletives, and decided to get down to bid-nez.

So, without further delay, here are a few setlists for your viewing pleasure (and, of course, since it's been a bit of time since I did the first one, I don't remember the requests....):

RIGHT ROUND - 11/21/08

Missing Persons - Destination Unknown
Love & Rockets - So Alive
The Cars - Best Friend's Girl
Blancmange - Living on the Ceiling
Echo ATB - Bring on the Dancing Horses (remix)
Kajagoogoo - Too Shy
Automaton - Obsession
Tears for Fears - Mother's Talk
Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax (remix)
Miss Kitten - Rippen Kitten
The Smiths - There is a Light That Never Goes Out
The Fixx - One Thing Leads to Another
New Order - Crystal
Depeche Mode - Pleasure, Little Treasure
Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You
Peter Murphy - Cuts You Up
Erasure - A Little Respect
Human League - Don't You Want Me Baby?
Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
Talk Talk - It's My Life
Cornershop - Brimful of Asha (FBS Remix)
Nena - 99 Luft Balloons
Wham - Wake Me Up Before You Go Go
Aha - Take On Me
Rational Youth - Saturdays in Silesia
Smiths - Ask
Violent Femmes - Gone Daddy Gone
James - Laid
Franz Ferdinand vs. Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come on, Take Me Out, Eileen (lil'e mashup)
New Order - True Faith
The Killers - All These Things that I've Done
Pet Shop Boys - Where the Streets Have No Name
Big Country - Big Country
Peter Bjorn and John - Young folks
Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Right Round
Real Life - Send Me An Angel
Erasure - Chains of Love
Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf
The Rapture - Woo, Alright
Romantics - Talking in Your Sleep
Pulp - Common People
The Killers vs. Styx - Domo Arigato, Mr. Brightside (lil'e mashup)
OMD - Enola Gay
Killing Joke - Eighties
Peter Schilling - Major Tom
Billy Idol -Rebel Yell
Le Tigre - Deceptacon
Fugazi - Waiting Room
Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
Ting Tings vs. the Cars - That's Just Not What I Needed (DJ Matt Hite Mashup)
Go Gos - We Got the Beat
New Order - Temptation
The Clash - London Calling
The Smiths - Panic

TINDERBOX - 12/4/08

This was bartender Ciam's last night - after working with him for the last... I dunno... 3 years??? I was heartbroken to hear that he wasn't going to be there with me every first Thursday anymore. He's a wonderful chap, and St. Ex just won't be the same without him. I hope this set "rocked [his] ass" as I was instructed by him to do so for his last night.

Cocteau Twins - Carolyn's Fingers
DJ Y alias JY - La De Soul
The Police vs. Ben E. King - Stand by Me (mashup)
B52s - Mesopotamia
Ratatat - Seventeen Years
Suede - Love the Way You
Tegan and Sara - Walking with a Ghost
MIA - 10 Dollar
Soul Coughing - Super Bon Bon (remix)
Morrissey - Every Day is Like Sunday
Wham - Wham Rap
Hot Chip - Over and Over
Shannon - Let the Music Play
Sean Paul - We Be Burnin'
Lily Allen - Alfie
Radiohead vs. PJ Harvey vs. Miss Kitten - the Night of Kitten's Messy Dream (mashup)
Eurythmics - Love is a Stranger
Wiseguys - Ooh La La
Feist (feat. Oi Oi Oi) - My Moon My Man (remix)
Kraftwerk - The Robots
Royskopp - Remind Me
Daft Punk - don't know the title... sorry...
Lady Soverign - Love Me or Hate Me
Squeeze - Take Me, I'm Yours
Tenor Saw - Ring the Alarm
MIA - Paper Planes
Beanie Man - Nuff Gal
El General - Pun Tun Tun
Maccabees - Precious Time
The Only Ones - Another Girl, Another Planet
Against Me - Don't Lose Touch
Interpol - Evil
The Smiths - There is A Light
Damian Marley - All Night
Toto - Rosanna
Sister Nancy - Bam Bam
Shaggy - Mr. Boombastic
The Bug - Poison Dart
Junior Mu - Police & Thieves
Distance & Skream - Bahl Fwd
Lee Perry - Clint Eastwood
Wall of Voodoo - Mexican Radio
OOiOO - Umo
The Kinks - You Really Got Me
Ninjaman - Murder Dem
Fu Schnickens - Ring the Alarm
Swizz Beats - It's Me Snitches (instrumental)
Shinehead - Gimme No Crack
Notorious B.I.G. - The What
Beanie Man - Sim Sima
Roots Manuva - Too Cold
Roots Manuva - Again and Again
Dusty Springfield - Son of a Preacherman
Matisyahu - Jerusalem
Saqi - Saqi Da Dhol
Joy Division - She's Lost Control
Suzanne Vega - Tom's Diner
RJD2 - Ghost Writer
Maurice Fulton - I Wish I Was A Little Bit
Fugees - Nappy Heads
Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke (the BEST feel good song there is, by the way)

No comments: