Monday, February 23, 2009

Right Round - 2/21/09 - Setlist and Commentary

GREAT night!!! SO fun!!! YAY!

I think there were something like 370 people in the room - it was packed, the vibe was great, there were NO stalkers anywhere (although I got the distinct feeling that someone was vying for that title, but anyway...) - all in all, a winner.

Here's the setlist, with "**" by the requests. I've been TRYING to mix it up a bit (pardon the pun) and have been tracking the music I play month to month so that I can do it - some of the hits sneak their way in, but what can you do...?

Spandau Ballet - Chant No 1 (Don't Need This Pressure On)
Yanyou - Germany Calling
Talking Heads - Girlfriend is Better
Information Society - What's on Your Mind? (oh, and for the woman who INSISTED this was done in the '90s, I looked at the record. 1988. Neener.)
** New Order - True Faith
Animotion - Obsession
The Cars - Magic
ABC - The Look of Love
Oingo Boingo vs. Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me with Weird Science (dj lil'e mashup)
** Human League - Don't U Want Me?
Dead or Alive - Brand New Lover
Depeche Mode - Behind the Wheel
** Kon Kan - I Beg Your Pardon
** James - Sit Down
Howard Jones - New Song (remix)
Pet Shop Boys - Always on My Mind
** Eurythmics - Here Comes the Rain Again
Yaz - Don't Go
The Cure - Let's Go to Bed
** Alphaville - Forever Young (remix)
** New Order - Blue Monday
Blondie - Atomic
They Might Be Giants - Ana Ng
** Real Life - Send Me an Angel (I swear, something like 10 people requested this song... is it in a movie or something?)
Men at Work - Land Down Under
** Bangles - Walk Like An Egyptian
** The Jam - Town Called Malice
The Smiths - This Charming Man
** Erasure - A Little Respect
The Clash - Should I Stay or Should I Go?
Siouxsie and the Banshees - The Passenger
** Depeche Mode - But Not Tonight
Echo and the Bunnymen - Lips Like Sugar
The Cars - I Like the Nightlife
** The Proclaimers - 500 Miles
Pet Shop Boys - Go West
Split Enz - I Got U
New Order - Temptation
The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary
The Cure - Boys Don't Cry
INXS - Don't Change
Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf
Big Country - Big Country
Pet Shop Boys - Left to My Own Devices
** Icicleworks - Birds Fly
** Franz Ferdinand vs. Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come on, Take Me Out Eileen (dj lil'e mashup)
Nena - 99 Luft Balloons
Peter Schilling - Major Tom
The Cure - Just Like Heaven
** Men w/o Hats - Pop Goes the World
** Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
Red Rockers - China
Modern English - Melt With You
Level 42 - Always Something There to Remind Me
A-ha - Take On Me
** Devo - Whip It
** Erasure - Chains of Love
Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
** Pixies - Here Comes Your Man
James - Laid

encore
** Violent Femmes - Prove My Love
** New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle

No comments: